The Government Travel Committee reviews the Government Travel Directive and the Commuting Assistance Directive and hears final level grievances on these authorities, when required by the Executive Committee. The Committee also recommends changes to various rates and premiums on a periodic basis.
Committee Advisor: Karen Kruger
Quarterly Report to the National Joint Council (June 2023)
- The Committee has met three (3) times since the last Council meeting.
- The Committee wishes to note the departure of Employer Side representative, Leslie Jones, from the Treasury Board Secretariat (TBS), and to thank them for their contributions to the Committee.
- The Committee welcomed a new Employer Side representative, Martin Gangur, from TBS.
Cyclical review activities:
- The Committee has met one (1) additional time for cyclical review activities. The Committee has requested an extension to the deadline as it continues to discuss and co-develop revisions to the Directive.
- Five (5) grievances:
- Three (3) related to Travel Expenses; two (2) are in abeyance pending a FPSLREB decision on related grievances and one (1) is in analysis.
- One (1) related to Weekend Travel Home is in abeyance pending settlement discussions.
- One (1) related to the application of the Directive is in analysis.
Next meeting: September 14, 2023