The Government Travel Committee reviews the Government Travel Directive and the Commuting Assistance Directive and hears final level grievances on these authorities, when required by the Executive Committee. The Committee also recommends changes to various rates and premiums on a periodic basis.
Committee Advisor: Karen.Kruger@njc-cnm.gc.ca
Quarterly Report to the National Joint Council (June 2022)
- The Committee has met once (1) since the last Council meeting.
- The Committee wishes to note the departure of Karine Renoux from CIRNAC and Megan Turpin from PS and to thank them for their contributions to the Committee.
- The Committee welcomed two (2) new Employer Side members, Patrick Giroux from GAC and Kathleen Mills from TBS.
Cyclical review activities:
- The opting call letter was issued on February 18, 2022, and responses were received April 1, 2022. The number of NJC member organizations who opted into the Directive is twenty-three (23).
- The new Committee members received training on the cyclical review process.
- Six (6) grievances:
- Two (2) related to travel expenses are in abeyance pending an FPSLREB decision on related grievances.
- One (1) related to travel expenses is in analysis.
- One (1) related to meal allowances is scheduled to be heard in September.
- One (1) related to kilometric rates is in analysis.
- One (1) related to workplace change is in analysis.
Next meeting: October 13, 2022